Chicks With Class Tasting Their Ass

Monday, October 16, 2006

Hey Christmas! Go away for a few weeks.

Is it me or is Christmas coming way too soon now? I know people say that every year but this year it made a huge leap in September's general direction. Lolo and I walked through Zellers the other day and there was a section roped off where employees were already setting up the Christmas trees. Flanking them were aisles of shelves already stocked with Christmas decorations. I walked by and said aloud "oh this is ridiculous!" and all the employees setting up the section looked up with that "I know what you mean but head office said we have to" type of look.

I like Christmas and all but please, wait until AFTER Hallowe'en. If it were up to me it'd wait until after the American Thanksgiving but I know that'll never happen again.

I'm just hoping it doesn't get as bad as in this town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Assbeard said...

It's not just Zellers either. Ikea had xmas shit out last week, and I just saw the bay and sears downtown with xmas crap all over the place. It's ridiculous!! someone needs to be sodomized for this.

Or not.

9:19 AM, October 18, 2006

 
Blogger The Phantom Hack said...

I'm so old, I can remember people bitching about how all the Christmas stuff came up right after Rememberance day, when I got out on my own, it used to start the day after halloween, so ya, it really is coming out earlier and earlier every year.
Furthermore, I wonder if it's still there, but Calgary Chinook mall and Banff used to have stores that ran year round and carried nothing but Christmas decorations, called themselves, how creative, 'the christmas store'. That, my friend is right insane.

10:08 AM, October 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home