Chicks With Class Tasting Their Ass

Saturday, December 31, 2005

G'nu Year's Eve

New Years.....blah. It's the only holiday that I'm bah-humbug over. I don't really care that it's new year. Sure I've gone to new years parties and celebrated, but I don't really see the big deal. Not to sound all frou frou hippie-like, but I get more excited over waking up to a new day each morning than to get blitzed-out drunk and go "Woo hoo" over a new year.

My parents do celebrate it quite well though. Every year they have a giant G'nu Year's Party that involves close to 30 or more of family and friends. I remember as a kid they would push the dining room table over to the wall and use a tablecloth so big that when it was draped over it created a hide-out for me to sit under. I would hide there with our dog (if she wasn't stowed away in the basement or kitchen) and watch and listen to the grown-ups partying. It was dark and peaceful admist the antics that were surrounding me. Just before midnight we would all stampede into the kitchen and raid the cupboards for pots, pans, wooden spoons or anything that would make noise. We would then run out to the porch and countdown the last ten seconds of the year and then make one heck of a ruckuss.

When I have children I will show them that New Year's is a good time to let loose and celebrate, but for now I'm just going to try to not fall asleep before 11:30.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Well, I stayed awake until past midnight but it was tough.

Happy New Year everyone!

9:26 AM, January 01, 2006

 
Blogger TastyCorn said...

Beer
Vodka and Sprite Zero
Kalua milkshake
Kalua milkshake
Kalua milkshake
Rum and Coke
Vodka and Sprite Zero
Vodka and Sprite Zero (double vodka)
... everything after the beer was about a pint

9:14 AM, January 02, 2006

 
Blogger Assbeard said...

WTF? I didn't even notice you drinking any of that. you're such a boozehound :P

9:58 AM, January 02, 2006

 
Blogger Bee said...

You had 3 milkshakes? I only saw you have 1.

Boozer...:)

11:33 AM, January 02, 2006

 
Blogger SnoShamz said...

He drank about a blender and a 1/2 of that milkshake LOL

I had a milkshake, thats it, innocent me :) LOL

New years was great though, mmmmmm roast. So I think it must be our turn to have ya'll over....hows Friday/Saturday-ish??

1:23 PM, January 02, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes bee, we still do it, though this year's was unusually quiet, everyone yawning and looking at their watches. Your mom admitted afterwards, "It was a tough crowd. Next year we have to hang out with younger people." We tried hard, but the dynamic was wrong. I'm a student of 'Party Dynamics', having thrown a few. At any given party, you need at least one insanely extrovert person present, to get the others to loosen up. It's a calalytic effect: normally staid people will swing off the lampshades after a couple of drinks, and rubbing shoulders with an extrovert. We had Lora invited for the job, with our Polish neighbours for backup (and those people can party!)but they all cancelled. We might as well have played scrabble. Next year we'll have to do better or we'll lose our party cred.

9:04 PM, January 02, 2006

 
Blogger dragonfly said...

Friday, is no good for me i have my little sister overnight and unless i am bringing a four year old. saturday works better for me... but if friday is the majority Russ-kun can be there...

2:02 PM, January 03, 2006

 
Blogger SnoShamz said...

Saturday doesn't work for Steve, something to do with his B-day...

mmmk peeps,
Who does Friday work for
And who does Sat work for

and then there's those of you who just don't care... lol

5:47 PM, January 03, 2006

 
Blogger Assbeard said...

Here's the thing... we don't usually "plan" anything. It's usually just "do you wanna come over tonight?" and we leave it there...

6:23 PM, January 03, 2006

 
Blogger Lori said...

Steve and I are actually free tomorrow. Not doing his b-day thing til Monday. let is know whats up.. we should all do something for his b-day together, yey!

12:22 PM, January 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home