Chicks With Class Tasting Their Ass

Monday, September 26, 2005

Road Kill

Ewwww it's gross. They are doing a bunch of developing near my place and new stores are going in (I am FINALLY getting a Save-On Foods in my area - Hopefully Crazy Save-On Girl isn't transfered to that one) along Marine Drive and Byrne Road. This just used to be natural land by the river and now that they have bulldozed their natural habitat all the animals are being pushed out onto the road it seems. It is really gross to see half of a racoon in the middle of the road one day and wonder what happened to the rest of it, only to notice it on the other side of the road the next day. That one was pretty graphic too - I could totally see the organs hanging out on the cement. Then there is a bunny that has been dead on the Queensbourogh Bridge for about 2 weeks now. At first I thought it was alive but since it was in the same spot the next day.... and it is just laying there getting dirtier from the traffic. I'm sure it will start decomposing really soon. Lolo - isn't there a number you can call to get someone to clean up all the dead animals? I think you used to have it on your speed dial when you worked as a driver.

Bee - remember the dead chicken (yes complete with feathers and all!) we saw on the Knight Street bridge on the way to your wedding? That one was odd. I've never heard of a chicken crossing a bridge before.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

I don't remember a chicken.....


I used to be all upset because I would always miss the roadkill, but now since I know how to drive I see it all the time. There was this crow that must have gotten hit a street down from ours and it sat there and baked in the sun for 2 weeks until it was just bones and some feathers. I think a stain is still on the road. Ewww....

I think that Crazy Save-On Girl might have either quit or got fired because I NEVER see her anymore.

10:06 AM, September 26, 2005

 
Blogger Assbeard said...

Ask Tastycorn about his time he was walking with Steve at lunch time (in our old high school days) when they saw a dead squirrel. It was a good story.

10:49 AM, September 26, 2005

 
Blogger TastyCorn said...

It's an ok story. I'll tell it someday.

2:31 PM, September 26, 2005

 
Blogger Lori said...

seriously, u are all disgusting.
And that my friends is why I love you.

3:26 PM, September 26, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home