Chicks With Class Tasting Their Ass

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Overpriced, Undergood

How can a restaurant charge, say $15, for a dish that is so inferior to another similar restaurant selling a similar dish for $10? I went to the Boathouse restaurant for dinner with friends last night to celebrate my birthday and I couldn't believe how bad the food was. The caesar salad had a vinegary taste to it, the Halibut was a bit fishy, and the batter was gross... and a bit burnt (and there was barely any fish as well). The fries were alright, but I've had better. I hear so many people tell me "Oh, you should go to the Boathouse," yet I don't understand why. I'm not a fine dining snob or anything, so it's not like I'm expecting a 5 star meal. but I would expect that it would be worth what I'm paying for. Why do people settle for the food they're getting for such a high price compared to "lesser" restaurants that charge less for the same food?

Never again will I go to The Boathouse.

4 Comments:

Blogger TastyCorn said...

You are a fine dining snob when it's fish

3:12 PM, August 14, 2005

 
Blogger Lori said...

Yeah no kidding, fish snob. I enjoyed my meal. The fish was fishy. In my world fish shouldn't be anything but fishy. The fries were good and they serve Dad's Root Beer. That's my place to be.

10:32 PM, August 18, 2005

 
Blogger Assbeard said...

then all you've ever had is bad fish. fresh, well-prepared fish isn't supposed to be fishy.

7:28 AM, August 19, 2005

 
Blogger Bee said...

Good food is in the stomach of the beholder...but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect good food from a well-known restaurant.

I enjoyed the evening, but it would have been nice to have some candles on the table so I could see what I was eating.

11:05 AM, August 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home