Chicks With Class Tasting Their Ass

Monday, March 28, 2005

The American Dream

This was originally posted by Bee:

I am watching "Fixing Dinner" on Food TV right now. The premise of this show is helping people organize meal times with busy schedules. It's a good show. Anyways, in this episode the mother has 4 children ages 1, 3, 6 and 8 years old. Wow! Is this the American dream? Have more children than you can parent (these kids are climbing on the kitchen counters and basically underfoot of the mother all the time. She parents by saying "Get off the counter".) My point is that everytime I turn on the TV and watch any "reality/makeover show" all I see are families with GIANT families and they are usually either unable to afford basic things for them or they can't parent their kids properly and the kids become spoiled. I have nothing against large families, but make sure that you are committed to it and are able to afford the basics...like a healthy place to live instead of spending all the money on toys for the little brats.

I hope to be able to have a large family of my own (3 kids and maybe a dog or two), but I know that I have to plan for it. For 3 kids plus pets I know I need to have a large enough house and enough money to feed them. If I can't afford 3 kids, then I won't have 3 kids.

I'm not going to go off about proper parenting because it's almost futile since no one seems to care about their kids enough to try. If you are having a kid, know and understand that hard work comes with the territory so stop whining to Dr. Phil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home